Check The Electrics
It’s not always easy to spot the symptoms of old electrical wiring in a house as many of the house wiring and cables will be hidden behind walls and in the loft space. You should always take care when you have to check the electrics. If you aren’t comfortable in checking whether you have old wiring or new, call an electrician!
– Check to see if there is RCD protection in the fusebox.
– Check to make sure that anything you’re plugging in is undamaged.
– Check that any visible cables and leads are in good working order.
– Check for any apparent damage to the light fixtures and that downlighters are in good working order.
– Make sure you have a registered electrician do an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR Test) before exchanging contracts. This will make sure your new home is safe and you won’t be responsible for the costs if there are any problems. A full rewire can be very expensive.
If you need a EICR contact BIM Electrical Group for more information.
We carry out inspections thoughout London including Covent Garden, The City of London, Earl’s Court, Westminster, Charing Cross, Islington, Soho, Kensington. Call today to see if we service your area.